Friday 13 November 2015

Deep Cut Studio - Wastelands Theme Wargames Terrain Mat


Somewhere near the border with Mexico...
I've been tempted for a while by the many excellent wargames mats I've seen being used...particularly Cigar Box Battle mats (now available from North Star) and Deep Cut Studio mats (now available from Wayland Games). My only concerns have been that they sometimes seem to make the table look a bit too 'busy' and the cost...they aren't cheap!


However, when Wayland Games recently started stocking Deep Cut Studio mats, I thought I'd take the plunge and so I bought a Wastelands Theme Cloth mat which I figure will do nicely for Dead Man's Hand, In Her Majesty's Name and the upcoming The Men Who Would Be Kings. It arrived a couple of weeks ago and I was surprised at how thin it was...I was expecting some sort of thin fleece whereas this is much thinner. That said it seems to be pretty tough and sturdy, is machine-washable (I tried it!) and looks the business...so I'm well pleased!

So much so that I just ordered a Red Planet mat for my planned In Her Majesty's Name Mars Campaign and plan to pick up the Cobblestone one soon, too, for both Frostgrave and In Her Majesty's Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.